Maryland HQL permit:" To purchase, rent or transfer ownership of a regulated firearm in Maryland, which includes handguns, you must possess a valid Handgun Qualification License (HQL). You must apply for this license online through the Maryland State Police web portal. Physical applications are not accepted.
- Maryland HQL permit: Within 3 years prior to obtaining a HQL, an applicant must complete a Firearms Safety Training Course taught by a state-approved Qualified Handgun Instructor. A USCCA Certified Instructor-led course can meet the qualifications for a Maryland Firearms Safety Training Course if the instructor is also licensed through the state. You can also search for an instructor near you. This training course may be waived if you are a veteran of the U.S. military, a qualified handgun instructor, a lawful owner of a regulated firearm or if you have completed a Maryland DNR Hunter’s Safety Course.
- Maryland HQL permit: Fingerprinting is also required before you can submit your HQL application unless you already possess a Maryland Wear and Carry Permit. Complete your online HQL application and pay the necessary fees. Upon approval, the state of Maryland will mail your HQL to you within 30 days. A HQL is valid for 10 years.
- Maryland HQL permit: Complete the Maryland State Police Application and Affidavit to Purchase a Regulated Firearm (MSP 77R) Form using the Maryland State Police Licensing Portal. Physical applications are not accepted. A valid email address is necessary to complete the form. After submitting your application you will get an email with an application number and a PIN number.
- Maryland HQL permit: Bring both the application number and PIN number to a Maryland State Police Barracks or a Maryland Regulated Firearm Dealer to finish the application process. The State Police/Dealer will complete the application and submit it to the state Licensing Division.
- Maryland HQL permit: After submitting your application, you must wait 7 days, after which you will get an email notifying you if you have been approved. Upon approval, you can purchase or transfer ownership of a firearm through an FFL Dealer.
- if required see info on Marylands carry permit here http://securitytrainingclasses.com/product/handgun-wear-and-carry-permit-original/